Frequently Asked Questions
Scheduling & Visits
What Are The Restrictions On Virtual Doctor's Visits?
Your initial visit at True Source healing can be in person or video. After the first visit, all follow up visits can be conducted by phone or virtually using our secure video channel if you choose.
Patients have unlimited email contact with True Source Healing provider team. However, if an email question or request is too complicated or involved for a response via email I may require to schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person visit instead of responding via email.
Scheduling & Cancellations
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with me or, health coach. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged $100 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
I am not a Conventional Primary Care Physician
It is important to note the following however:
1. I do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician.
2. I am not available for same-day emergency appointments.
3. I do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
I Do Not Bill Insurance Companies
The cost of any services provided by True Source Healing which are not included in the episode of care fee will be billed to you directly.
Non-True Source Healing medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
True Source Healing will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. I cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
I will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
About Lab Tests
- Some lab tests I offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through True Source Healing.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation and may include blood saliva urine or stool testing.
- I will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with me.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by True Source Healing, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of that in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs –
Wonder If True Source Healing Is Right For You?
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision on becoming a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to see whether or not True Source Healing is right for you.